Information about JNMF Scholarships
CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarships are available to the following categories of persons:
A) Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India; and
B) Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
1. Science and Technology as an integral component of economic and social activity, including the Philosophy of Science
2. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
3. International Relations and Constitutional Studies
4. Indian History, Civilization and Culture
5. Interface of Social Change and Economic Development
6. Environmental Ecology and Sustainable Development
7. Studies in the life and works of Jawaharlal Nehru
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. Hold a FIRST Class Postgraduate degree
2. Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a University/Institution in India approved by the Government in a subject in one of the areas of specialization listed above. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered, are not eligible to apply.
3. Not be above 35 years of age at the time of applying.
4. Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Ordinarily upto 2 years.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES,
a) Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee - Rs.9,000 per month
b) Annual contingent expenses for study tours within India, books, stationery, thesis costs, etc. - Rs. 12,000 per annum
c) Sleeper Class Train fare from the place of residence or study in India for interview with the Selection Board.
What you need to apply for a JNMF scholarship
The selected candidate will be required to give an Undertaking (available in application form) to observe the terms and conditions "of the scholarship.
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House,
New Delhi-110 011
on or before 31 May.
The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee's decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
The candidates should ensure that the following documents are securely attached seriatim to the Application Form before dispatch :
1) A passport size photograph to be pasted on the form.
2) An attested copy of Ph.D. registration/admission letter from the College/University.
3) A synopsis of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages of 1.5 spaced text.
4) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee's report or Ph.D. Supervisor's report as per details required in C-8 of the Application Form.
5) Attested copies of Postgraduate degree, marksheet and all other educational certificates/ degrees showing marks obtained and the date of birth.
Incomplete, unsigned or application forms from ineligible candidates or without the necessary enclosures are liable to be rejected. Please read the eligibility conditions carefully and apply only if you fulfil all the conditions.
For more details please visit : http://www.jnmf.in